ShoreTel 9 Simplifies Personalized Communications for Businesses of All Sizes
Verteks Consulting enhances its ShoreTel VoIP product offering.
“ShoreTel 9 has some great new features and capabilities that our customers are going to love. We’ve been using ShoreTel 9 internally for several weeks, and I’m hooked on the great new features – especially the Mobile Call Manager upgrades, the Instant Messaging enhancements, and the new Personalized Call Handling capability. This upgrade has something in it for everyone and I can’t wait to deploy it to all of our ShoreTel customers.” said Don Gulling, president of Verteks Consulting. “All of our clients with active support agreements will receive the new software for free. Customers covered by our Gold or Platinum coverage will also receive free installation and training on this new release.” said Gulling.
“ShoreTel 9 delivers the personalization, high-availability and security capabilities that enterprises of all sizes need to support the widespread deployment of ShoreTel business phone systems with integrated unified communications. ShoreTel has won top customer satisfaction awards year after year, and ShoreTel 9 further enhances the solution to help a growing number of enterprises achieve the same great results that have created legions of raving fans for ShoreTel.” Said Kevin Gavin, vice president of marketing, ShoreTel.
NEW FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
Cost Effective with Low Total Cost of Ownership
ShoreTel’s unique N+1 distributed architecture provides users with protection against multiple types of failures to keep critical voice services up and running. To augment its inherent WAN failure protection, ShoreTel has extended failover capabilities to allow phones to failover to a spare ShoreGear® Voice Switch that can be located anywhere in the network. This enables enterprises to provide extremely high system availability for all of the voice services equipment distributed throughout an enterprise, at a fraction of the cost of centralized communications systems, by deploying a single spare voice switch rather than needing a separate spare at each location. With ShoreTel N+1 redundancy, active calls are maintained in the event of a failover, assuring business continuity for end users, who are never even aware of an issue.
- Integration with Microsoft Active Directory simplifies and expedites new user provisioning using ShoreTel’s management interface, ShoreWare Director, and simplifies end-user login to the powerful ShoreWare Call Manager by using existing network credentials for authentication within ShoreWare applications.
- LLDP-MED and 802.1x support helps ensure secure network access and enhanced device management.
- Industry standard SRTP/AES encryption helps ensure call privacy, and is designed to display encrypted call status on ShorePhone® IP Telephones and ShoreWare Call Manager displays, so users can see at a glance that the call is secure.
- Significantly expands the capacity of ShoreTel’s Contact Center Workgroup to now support up to 256 groups, and up to 300 users in a group.
Keeping Mobile Workers Connected to Customers
- ShoreWare Mobile Call Manager offers location-based services for GPS-enabled mobile devices, allowing users to automatically select ShoreTel’s Office Anywhere and Call Handling settings. As a result, calls are custom routed based on the user’s location—at a branch office, home office, client site, or any other location. Users can ensure that their most important contacts can always reach them, without having to manually manage their call handling settings.
- ShoreWare Mobile Call Manager now supports even more mobile devices, including new Windows Mobile-based devices, such as the HTC Mogul PPC-6800, and several new Nokia and BlackBerry models.
- Personalized call-handling features include call filtering based on a variety of criteria (phone number, time of day, day of week and more), and custom routing (e.g. phone number, voicemail, Auto Find Me and more). This ensures priority callers always get through and eliminates distraction from lower priority calls.
- Users now simply select from a list of any of their regular locations (branch office phone, home office phone, mobile phone, etc.) to serve as their active extension when using the ShoreTel Office Anywhere feature. This allows them to receive and place calls as if they were at their desk from any one of the phones they regularly use.
Enabling Knowledge Workers to Respond Faster
- Multiparty instant messaging (IM) and tabbed chat let users connect with multiple people simultaneously, and carry on multiple chats in easy-to-reach window tabs. This feature helps speed decision making by enabling users to quickly find answers to questions.
- The integrated presence change alert feature of ShoreWare Call Manager enables users to “camp-on” other users’ lines when they are busy, and receive automatic notifications when they become available. This eliminates the need to play “phone-tag,” and wait a long time for answers.
- ShoreTel has expanded the flexibility of ShoreWare Call Manager with an open standard-based automatic contact import. In addition to providing quick access to dial out, and automatic name presentation for inbound calls, the application now allows users to read an additional contact file, and provide the same services for those contacts.
- Support for 64-bit Windows Terminal Server on Windows 2003 Server enables organizations to drive down hardware costs by using thin clients, and supports server consolidation initiatives.
About Verteks Consulting, Inc.
Over the past 13 years, Verteks Consulting has become a market leader in Florida providing fast, reliable and secure voice and data networks for business and government clients. With a focus on Unified Communications and advanced networking solutions that improve efficiency, reduce costs, increase competitiveness, and improve customer service, Verteks Consulting is uniquely qualified to help its business and government clients confront the challenges of today’s dynamic marketplace. Verteks Consulting provides complete solutions that include project planning, installation, on-site training and 24×7 support services – including our leading-edge proactive support solution called ‘Total System Care’.
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications – voice, video, messaging and data – with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel’s distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability, while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.www.shoretel.com or call 1-877-80SHORE.
All product and company names herein are trademarks of their respective owners.