Unified Communications with ShoreTel
For many educational institutions, the challenge is that educational budgets and IT resources rarely reflect these high expectations. As a result, schools and other educational facilities must endure an ongoing lesson in delivering quality on limited operating expenses.
Fortunately, ShoreTel provides a brilliantly simple solution for educational institutions. Our IP telephony system with fully integrated unified communications (UC) provides the cost-efficiency, rich feature set, reliability, and simplicity needed by the education industry to function, serve, and succeed:
- Scalability: ShoreTel efficiently handles ever-changing populations of users, campus expansions, and legacy integrations—so IT staff can rapidly conduct moves, adds and changes without massive infrastructure or technology costs.
- Availability and reliability: ShoreTel delivers the superior 24/7 reliability and performance levels required to help ensure communications quality and student safety./li>
- Ease-of-use and management: ShoreTel’s intuitive interfaces and features make system navigation and upkeep simple, so users have easy-to-use tools at their fingertips to help them be productive, and administrators save time and IT resources to focus on core educational projects.
Even better, the ShoreTel system turns these advantages into a winning combination:
Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and higher customer satisfaction.
- State Contracts in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota
ShoreTel’s IP telephony system simplifies use and management across the board:
- Clear-cut navigation and features require little to no training, so users and administrators gain familiarity almost instantly.
- ShoreTel centralizes voicemail and email for one-stop communications management. ShoreTel Director allows administrators to access the system from anywhere on the network and easily manage every site and feature, including voicemail, automated attendant, and desktop applications.
- Simple self-service options, based on ShoreTel’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application, facilitate call placement and speed for students, teachers, parents, and staff. Callers can use 4-digit or name-based dialing across campuses or between buildings, and an automated attendant will direct them appropriately.
- ShoreTel further eases phone system usage with high-productivity features. User-friendly PC interfaces make “on-the-fly” conferencing , including video, and document sharing a snap, so teachers and students can easily communicate regarding important class materials or assignments.
- By integrating ShoreTel Communicator (formerly ShoreTel Call Manager) with a desktop email application, such as Microsoft Outlook, callers can easily take advantage of integrated messaging capabilities—including directory dialing, contact screen pop, caller ID, call waiting, and calendar integration. And voicemail messages can be stored and delivered as WAV files, so students and teachers can access messages via email when they’re away from the phone, and system administrators gain a simpler way to keep tabs on support or other requests.
- ShoreTel’s hunt group capability can also ensure all calls are answered by a live person, rather than by voicemail. For example, calls can ring multiple administrative extensions in a specified sequence or all at once, so callers get ready access and responses—which can be especially important during emergencies or when critical student or class data must be communicated fast.