The ability to deliver advanced communication and collaboration services to increasingly distributed workforces is driving rapid growth of cloud-delivered unified communications solutions. Analysts with Metrigy predict that 70 percent of businesses will be using UC-as-a-Service within two years.
Most UCaaS business benefits are well understood. It extends voice, chat, video, file sharing and other capabilities to employees regardless of location or device. It relieves you of the need to purchase, maintain and upgrade servers, routers, gateways and other hardware. It ensures you always have access to the latest features and functions without forklift upgrades of on-premises infrastructure.
However, the capacity to boost productivity by integrating UCaaS platforms with other business-critical systems may be the technology’s most enticing characteristic. Open application programming interfaces (APIs) enable UCaaS features such as click-to-dial, screen-pops and real-time customer database interactions to be integrated directly into key business applications such as CRM, ERP, salesforce automation, supply chain management and more.
Easy app integration is one of the reasons MiCloud Connect, Mitel’s flagship UCaaS solution, was named “Business Phone System of the Year” for 2021 by RemoteTech Breakthrough, a market advisory firm focused on remote-work technologies. The company cited MiCloud Connect’s many productivity-enhancing integrations in announcing the award.
Here are some of the more popular MiCloud Connect integrations:
- Windows Application Dialer. Enables dialing functionality from most desktop Windows applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Notepad. Users simply highlight a phone number and then initiate dialing by clicking an icon on the tray or pressing a shortcut key.
- Web Browser Dialer. Enables click-to-dial functionality for all telephone numbers displayed in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Connect for Chrome. Provides a Mitel client within the Chrome browser for call control, visual voice mail, call history, favorite contacts, directory search by name, status control, softphone (audio via browser) and web dialer. It also provides optional integration with Google’s G Suite applications.
- ACT! Integration. Enables screen pops, click-to-dial, call control, contact matching and other functionality within the CRM application.
- Mitel for Desk.com. Integration with the customer support application provides call tracking, call control and other functionality in a user’s IE, Firefox or Chrome web browser.
- Mitel EasyPop. Provides the ability to execute a user-defined program, batch file or URL when an incoming call arrives or outgoing call is placed.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration. Used within Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics 365 to provide automatic lookup of phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls, as well as screen pops that allow CRM users to easily navigate to associated records.
- NetSuite Integration. The Mitel NetSuite Client application provides integration between calls made and received on a user’s Mitel phone with records containing the same phone numbers stored in the user's NetSuite database.
- Mitel for Salesforce. This provides call control, call logging, click-to-dial, inbound screen pops, activity tracking, multi-line handling, conferencing and other functionality within Salesforce sessions.
- Mitel for Zendesk. Used within the Zendesk CRM application to provide call control, call logging, conferencing and other functionality. It can also be used with the Mitel Web Dialer for outbound click-to-dial functionality.
Such integrations are particularly useful in contact center settings. Agents have easier access to information they need to resolve customer issues, resulting in reduced average call handling time, increased first-contact resolution, fewer repeat calls and escalations, and improved data accuracy, all of which contribute to increased productivity and improved customer satisfaction.
Contact us to learn more about MiCloud Connect’s extensive library of APIs and how you can leverage them to connect disparate applications to improve productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction.